Shared Lives Plus is the UK network for Shared Lives and Homeshare: two family-based approaches to supporting vulnerable people across the UK. Shared Lives Plus and its members are changing how people think about support for disabled adults and older people.
All Shared Lives members use different approaches to enable people throughout the UK to achieve goals, including:
- Being in control of their services and their lives.
- Pursuing ordinary lives within their chosen families and relationships.
- Being valued by their communities and feeling like they belong.
Homeshare is a growing sector of Shared Lives Plus. The Homeshare UK website www.HomeshareUK.org was launched in November 2016 providing online information for potential participants and an online shared portal for network members working across the UK and ROI.
Homeshare UK, is striving to become recognised as a sustainable model for housing and social care by enabling participants to enjoy a fulfilling community based living experience.
Homeshare UK promotes a Quality Assurance Framework and schemes have the opportunity to gain a badge of quality. Share & Care Homeshare is proud to be the first member of Homeshare UK to comply and attain this accreditation in January 2017
The Quality Assurance Framework requires the scheme to have the following:
- High quality, safe and effective practice and process.
- To deliver good practice
- To maintain updates on policy and funding
- To be financially sustainable