Share and Care Homeshare is striving to address the huge issue of loneliness and isolation among elderly people in the wider community both locally and across the UK. During Covid-19 to ensure we remained well – connected with our clients, we came up with the idea of running free weekly mid-morning Seated Exercise Class on zoom with our Homeshare clients.
- Book reading club – a volunteer will read a short story, poems or from a newspaper or magazine out loud to benefit those participants with poor eyesight, while others may choose to read along. Each session will conclude with a little time to discuss the piece.
- Weekly discussion on current or shared passions – A list will be offered every week to include films, plays, operas, concerts, virtual exhibitions.
- Weekly online quiz, also available via post for those who would like to receive a hard copy.
- A knitting/crochet club with a theme to what is being created. Might be knitting/crochet toys for local children
- A live ‘sing along’ accompanied by a pianist – an opportunity to ‘sing along’ doesn’t matter if you are ‘tone deaf’ no one will hear you sing!
- A board games/cards session through Zoom, make new people virtually!
- Weekly Seated Exercise Class.