PLEASE NOTE WE ARE STILL SUPPORTING OUR CURRENT HOUSEHOLDERS AND CONTINUING TO ASSIST NEW HOUSEHOLDERS WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM SOME SUPPORT IN THEIR HOME. THERE IS OF COURSE A POLICY OF SELF ISOLATION BEFORE ANY NEW HOMESHARER IS INTRODUCED INTO THE HOME.
Homeshare is a valuable community service, a simple way of supporting people to help each other. Homeshare matches someone who needs some help to live independently in their own home (Householder) with someone who is looking for somewhere affordable to live and is happy to give an agreed level of practical help and friendship in return (Sharer). Share and Care Homeshare is a Community Interest Company and the biggest and most experienced homeshare provider in the UK, having been matching and mentoring homeshares for over 14 years. Share and Care Homeshare offers its service across London and the UK.
Why use Share and Care Homeshare?
- We have matched thousands of homeshare matches since 2006
- Our Sharers offer 15 hours of practical help and company per week
- We are registered and approved members of Homeshare UK which is part of Shared Lives Plus and we are fully compliant with its Quality Assurance Framework
- We have a robust Safeguarding policy
- By using Share and Care Homeshare you can be assured that you will experience a high quality and personal service
- We are a Community Interest Company with primary social objectives whose surpluses are principally reinvested
In essence, a homeshare involves bringing together two people with different sets of needs, both of whom have something to offer each other.
Homesharing is a positive way of allowing people to remain independent in their own homes. Both the Householder and their Sharer gain from the arrangement and feel valued and respected for their contribution. Homesharing is a very low-cost arrangement, costing each party as little as £5 a day.
The Householder provides free accommodation in their home to their Sharer in an exchange for their time and help, and benefits from the reassurance of someone living in the property as well as some friendly company and practical help.
Both parties pay a small monthly fee to Share and Care Homeshare to match, monitor and mentor each arrangement.