Homeshare involves bringing together two people often from two different generations. Both have a different set of needs but both have something to offer each other. Homeshare matches someone who needs some help to live independently in their own home with someone who is looking for somewhere affordable to live and is happy to give an agreed level of practical help and friendship in return. Homeshare helps to combat loneliness and isolation – the Householder’s as well as for their Sharer and it is a wonderful way of giving the Householder and the Sharer a feeling of value and a fulfilling community – based living experience – genuine lifelong friendships really do come out of Homeshare.
Share and Care Homeshare is a Community Interest Company and the most experienced homeshare provider in the UK, having been matching and mentoring homeshares for over 15 years. Share and Care Homeshare offers its service across London and the UK.
Why use Share and Care Homeshare?
- EXPERIENCED – Having matched hundreds of homeshare arrangements since 2006, you can have confidence in our service
- VALUE – Our Sharers offer 15 hours of practical help and company per week
- TRUSTED – We are registered and approved members of Homeshare UK which is part of Shared Lives Plus and we are fully compliant with its Quality Assurance Framework
- SAFE – We have a robust Safeguarding policy
- POSITIVE – By using Share and Care Homeshare you can be assured that you will experience a high quality and personal service
- COMMUNITY – We are a Community Interest Company. Alongside Homeshare we offer FREE on-line exercise classes and other local services
Homesharing is a positive way of allowing people to remain independent in their own homes. Both the Householder and their Sharer gain from the arrangement and feel valued and respected for their contribution. Homesharing is a very low-cost arrangement, costing each party as little as £5 a day.
The Householder provides free accommodation in their home to their Sharer in an exchange for their time and help, and benefits from the reassurance of someone living in the property as well as some friendly company and practical help.
Both parties pay a small monthly fee to Share and Care Homeshare to match, monitor and mentor each arrangement.
If homeshare is not for you at this time, you may be interested in our sister company, Unity Living where a matched and vetted Helpful Housemate pays a lower-than-market rent and also offers a few hours of help each week.