Homeshare Experts CIC trading as Share and Care Homeshare aims provide you with a friendly, professional and personal service. Please read these Terms & Conditions thoroughly, and contact us if you would like us to explain anything further, or if you have any questions. Acceptance of a Homeshare placement introduced by Share and Care Homeshare will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Definition of a Homeshare placement = Living in the home of the householder, having a private bedroom for sole use with use of shared facilities such as a bathroom & kitchen and giving 10 hours of support and 5 hours of companionship in exchange for this accommodation.
1. Services provided to you by Share and Care Homeshare
- Interview you in person, or by video conference, such as Skype, Whats App video, FaceTime; compile a profile on you; apply for Enhanced DBS ID/AML and credit checks.
- Seek to match you with a Householder and accommodation that suits your availability, location and character.
- Provide you with details of a potentially-matching Householder, an facilitate and introduction.
- Provide a Homeshare Licence Agreement between you and the Householder.
- Contact you a few days after move-in and then regularly for the duration of the agreement to monitor the arrangement.
- Mediate to seek to resolve any difficulties that may arise in the agreement between you and the Householder.
- Endeavour to find a replacement Homeshare opportunity if the position is terminated, and if appropriate.
The range of services listed and the accommodation will be offered until you, the Householder or Share and Care Homeshare decide to terminate the homeshare.
Once you enter a Homeshare arrangement, Share and Care Homeshare will charge both you and the Householder a monthly facilitation fee throughout the period of the homeshare.
By signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing
- to keep Share and Care Homeshare informed of any interviews you go to with Householders
- to inform Share and Care Homeshare immediately if you are offered, and accept, a homeshare situation [directly or indirectly]
- to maintain regular communication with Share and Care Homeshare for the duration of the homeshare situation
- to maintain now, and at all times in the future, the strictest confidence concerning the Householder and their family, and Share and Care Homeshare’s business.
- to abide by the Agency’s Guidelines and Expectations
- to inform Share and Care Homeshare if you hand in your notice to leave the situation and ensure you give the full 28 days’ notice set out in your Homeshare Licence Agreement with the Householder and to continue to pay Share and Care Homeshare’s monthly facilitation fee for the entire duration of the homeshare. For any part months, Share and Care Homeshare’s fee will be calculated on a pro-rata basis
3. Matching Process
Share and Care Homeshare will provide as much information as is available about the situation, based on information gathered from visits to/communication with a prospective Householder and/or from their family/representative. Please note that there may be aspects of a homeshare, which Share and Care Homeshare cannot predict until a Sharer moves in, or additional care needs that we are not aware of. You may therefore wish to meet the Householder more than once in advance of accepting the homesharing situation, and perhaps even spend a trial night or two at the property before making your final decision whether to accept the opportunity.
If you move in and it is found that the person needs more help than you can give, yet you wish to stay, we would do our best to support you by encouraging the family to arrange additional care support for the Householder. Equally, we would support your freedom of choice in these circumstances should you decide to give notice to terminate the homeshare.
Share and Care Homeshare is not an agent for either the Householder or the Sharer. Share and Care Homeshare acts as a facilitator, supporting both parties to agree an acceptable housing arrangement.
4. Homeshare Licence Agreement
The Agreement sets out the relationship between you and your Householder and it is important that you honour this. As you will have been informed during the enquiry process, the relationship is not intended to be an employment relationship. You are also not permitted to give any personal care.* Should any issues arise around personal care or any other issue to do with the homeshare, please contact Share and Care Homeshare for advice.
*Personal care comprises physical assistance given to a person in connection with eating or drinking; toileting; washing or bathing; dressing; oral care; care of skin, hair and nails.
5. Homeshare Licence Termination
We do ask Sharers to set aside monies for a deposit/rent for alternative accommodation, should the homeshare end. The notice period is in accordance with the terms laid out within the Homeshare Licence Agreement (normally 28 days). Fundamental breaches of trust by either party such as theft, threatening behaviour, deceit or gross negligence will give the victim the right to terminate the licence immediately and without notice*. It is your responsibility as a Sharer to ensure you have the wherewithal to pay for alternative future accommodation, regardless of the nature of the termination of the homeshare agreement or the notice period given. Neither the Householder nor Share and Care Homeshare have any obligation to assist in any manner with alternative accommodation.
It is your responsibility as a Sharer to remain professional, kind and helpful for the duration of a homeshare and continue to carry out the agreed practical help until the very end of an arrangement, regardless of the nature of its termination.
6. Grievances. If you have any grievance against the Householder, these should be discussed with the Householder. Share and Care Homeshare should also be informed and may be contacted for advice.
7. Gross Misconduct. You will be struck off Share and Care Homeshare’s register and the Homeshare Licence Agreement with the Householder may be immediately terminated if: your actions could endanger or cause harm to the Householder; for the use of illegal substances, for excessive consumption of alcohol, or for smoking in the house if not permitted; for theft or dishonesty; for failure to give the agreed hours of help and companionship without a valid reason; for failure to disclose relevant personal health information; or for any other inappropriate behaviour.
*Share and Care Homeshare’s Conflict Resolution Procedure is available on request. The document explains what constitutes Misconduct, Serious Misconduct and Gross Misconduct.
8. Sharer Facilitation Fee
The service we offer costs time and money to organise and provide. By signing the terms and conditions you are agreeing to pay Share and Care Homeshare the agency facilitation fee for the accommodation and support at the start of each monthly payment period for the duration of the agreement. We aim to keep our costs, and therefore our fees, as low as possible, while maintaining the highest possible standards of service. The fee is payable to Share and Care Homeshare commencing on the date you move in. Should your Householder no longer require your help and company, we will aim to find a replacement homeshare when possible, and if suitable.
The current monthly Accommodation fee for a Sharer is between £125 plus VAT (£150)
There may be an annual fee increase on 1st April each year, generally in line with inflation. If Share and Care Homeshare’s facilitation fee is increased, you will be given at least two months’ notification.
9. Sharer Acceptance Administration Fee
There is a Sharer acceptance Admin Fee when offered a Homeshare – A non-refundable administration fee of £60 (£50 plus VAT) is payable when you are offered, and accept, a Homeshare arrangement. This goes towards the administration and vetting costs incurred.
10. Change of mind Administration Fee
If you change your mind after accepting a Homeshare, Share and Care Homeshare charges you an administration fee of £75+VAT ((£90) towards costs incurred.
11. Future Changes
We will keep you informed of any changes in the way we operate, or in terms of the level of service we provide.
It is your responsibility to take out your own insurance for any high-value or sentimental personal items.
To operate our service we need to collect and hold some information about you. Information being held about you will be used in accordance with Share and Care Homeshare’s Privacy notice By agreeing to our terms and conditions you are also accepting that some personal information about you will be shown to the prospective householder and their representatives.